Production Nursery - Assistant Grower
Consider bringing your skills and expertise to Green View Nursery. For over 50 years Green View has been locally-owned and committed to providing award-winning plants and services. We currently are seeking a Container Production Assistant Grower for our facility in Dunlap, IL. This is a hands-on position working under the supervision of the Container Production foreman.
- Ability to read production schedule, customer orders, or work orders to determine items to be moved, gathered, distributed or serviced.
- Moving materials and items from receiving or production areas to storage or other designated areas.
- Record amount of materials or items received or distributed.
- Operate and/or maintains equipment such as a lawn tractors, sprayers, blowers, trimmers, or hand tools.
- Assist in planting and maintaining container-grown nursery stock
- Apply fertilizers and pesticides to maintain plant quality
- Assist in the pruning of perennials, trees and shrubs
- Flexibility and willingness to help in other divisions as needed
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds on a routine basis.
- Ability to bend and stoop on a continual basis.
- Ability to work outside in all weather conditions.
- Ability to follow oral instructions from Foreman
- Knowledge of plant material and growing techniques
- Pesticide applicator license a plus
Apply for a Position
You can apply on-line by clicking on our On-Line Employment Application.
If you would rather print out an application to fill out click on our Employment Application.