Garden Center Associate
Help our customers create the garden of their dreams at Green View Garden Center. For over 50 years Green View has been locally-owned and committed to providing award-winning landscape, maintenance and garden retail services.
Full and part time seasonal sales positions are available in our retail garden center with extended hours in the spring and summer months and reduced hours thereafter. The primary function of this position is to welcome clients with a cheerful attitude and assist them in determining and choosing their products.
The preferred candidate is knowledgeable in all product categories and services and has the ability to share this knowledge with our clients by suggesting products and merchandise that will meet the client’s needs. The position requires teamwork as well as the ability to work independently in a time efficient manner. An eye for design and color is useful to assist our clients in choosing plant combinations for their gardens.
This position will perform a variety of duties including but not limited to selling of product and services, answering the telephone, cashier duties, receiving, pricing and displaying of products and plant material, maintaining the product by watering and pruning plant material.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to follow direction with minimal supervision
- High energy
- Trustworthy and self motivated with an excellent work ethic and a positive attitude.
- Knowledge of plant materials – annuals, perennials, shrubs and trees
- Sales experience
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Ability to operate a skid steer or the willingness to learn.
- During the peak season, weekend work is required.
Apply for a Position
You can apply online by clicking on our On-Line Employment Application
If you would rather print out an application to fill out click on our Employment Application.