Green View History

1955

Peter W Hoerr and his father, John, founded 'Peter W Hoerr Trucking & Landscaping.' The business was operated out of Peter's home with only the two of them employed.

1958

Company Name changed to 'Peoria Landscaping Company.' Thomas D Hoerr, Sr (along with three seasonal employees) joined the team.

1965

One hundred and thirty acres of farm ground was purchased for production in Dunlap, IL.

1966

All operations moved to Dunlap making this the new company headquarters.

1972

Retail Garden Center opened in Dunlap.

1977

The Bloomington/Normal landscape & maintenance operations were established.

1979

Production expanded from exclusively sod to trees, container shrubs, and perennials.

1980

The Champaign/Urbana location was opened to offer landscape and maintenance services to Eastern Illinois.

1981

With the expansion over the last four years, a decision was made to change the company name to Green View.

1984

Green View added a Springfield branch. This location provides landscape and maintenance services, as well as a retail garden center.

1992

Peter W Hoerr, Founder and Chairman of the Board, passed away at the age of 92.

2009

Thomas D Hoerr, Sr, CEO, passed away at the age of 70. Tom led the business through to its current position as a national leader in the Landscape Design Build industry.

2010

Tom Hoerr II became the CEO and Michael Hoerr became the COO. Jeanette Hoerr assumed the role of Chairman of the Board.

2016

Green View's Champaign branch acquired a new building in neighboring town, Mahomet, and launched a retail garden center shortly after.